Friday, January 18, 2008

Jennifer on her songs

Como Entender

This song is so special to me because of the magical way that it came together. The freedom of it is something I have wanted to experience with a song for the longest time. I've always wanted to sing a song that talks about that feeling that I know we have all felt. I like that everybody can have a different and distinct interpretation of it as well.


Soy Asi (The Tequila Song)
This is my shout out song! I always express my pride in being fortunate enough to feel a part of two cultures. I dedicate this song to the people of Corpus Christi, of Texas, of Mexico, of California, of the USA....basically the places that I feel have made me the person I am! It's a fun, personal song that I feel really describes me.


Ladron
I knew when we started the album that I wanted to include mariachi sounds in some way, because I love to represent. Ladron was the perfect song because we already had the trumpet sound in the intro and something about it gave me that feeling that mariachi gives. I remembered traveling with Campanas de America a lot when I first started touring and I knew they were perfect! It came out great! Definitely something I am very proud of!


Marzo 17
This song is special to me, not only because of all the songs on the album, this was one of the first ones that we picked, and one of the first ones we wrote, but also because I have a personal interpretation of it that is close to my hear. On Marzo 17 2005, my puppy, Blu-J disappeared from my back yard and I was never able to find him. We wrote this song after having spent all day knocking on doors and putting up posters for him. Blu-J was my best friend, and a part of me still feels that I might have him again one day.

awwwww :(

No comments: